In the previous entry, I mentioned that the Task Force on the Future of American Innovation (of which CRA is a member) was planning an event on November 16th to release its “Benchmarks II” report and press Congress to finish its good work on funding the President’s American Competitiveness Initiative. Well, we can now share some details about it. Should be a good event!:
** MEDIA ADVISORY **
- Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the House
- David Abshire, President, Center for the Study of the Presidency, former Special Counsel to President Reagan and former Ambassador to NATO
- Larry Wortzel, Chairman, U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission and Vice President for Foreign Policy, Heritage Foundation
- Rep. Jim Cooper (D-TN), House Armed Services Committee.
1. Participants will challenge the Administration and Congress to provide greater Defense Department funding of basic research.
2. Participants will support full funding of President Bush’s American Competitiveness Initiative.
3. Release of the 2006 Benchmarks Report of the Task Force on the Future of American Innovation. To read 2005 report, go to http://futureofinnovation.org/PDF/Benchmarks.pdf (pdf).
Reserve Officers Association
One Constitution Avenue, NE
5th Floor Conference Room
WHEN: Thursday, November 16, 11:00 AM to Noon
– # # # –
The Task Force on the Future of American Innovation (www.futureofinovation.org), comprised of organizations from industry and academia, advocates increased federal support for research in the physical sciences and engineering.
Formed in 2004, the Task Force urges strong, sustained increases for research budgets at the National Science Foundation, Department of Energy Office of Science, National Institute of Standards and Technology, and Department of Defense.
For more information, to RSVP, or to request an embargoed copy of the report, please contact:
Watch this space for all the details….